PE and Sports Premium
This additional funding is aimed at supporting the develop of sports and physical activity for primary aged children.
2018 – 19
Amount of funding this year
|Details of how it is being spent
- £3210 – affiliation to the Slough School Sports Network primary package which includes
– access & termly support to use the CD wheel to evidence impact/progress against PE Development plans / Sport Premium requirements
– Training / support and tools across all SSSN affiliated schools to evidence impact of Sport Premium and progress of PE within the school
– Termly Subject Leader training sessions -1 full day & 2 twilight sessions
– Access to a Continual Professional Development (CPD) Programme:
– Comprehensive range of CPD opportunities for staff / SLT and Governors – ranging from Sport/Activity specific twilights to subject development areas and measuring impact support.
– Subject Leader orientation day
– Dance CPD training for Subject Leader
– Governor/SLT Training for Sport Premium
– Support to achieve national School Games Mark
- £2000 – equipment
- £3,000 – provide sports’ coaches for specific lunchtime clubs
- £500 – training and cover to develop daily mile for all primary children
- £5,000 – towards costs of trim trail and other large outside equipment to develop gross motor skills on the new permanent site as not provided as a funded part of the provision
- £1,000 – cover costs for PE lead to attend courses above delivered by the SSSN and to develop detailed action plan
- £1,200 – purchase of detailed scheme of work (currently all PE is delivered by an experienced sports coach but going forward class teachers will be picking up some of the lessons each week.
|Planned impact on pupils’ participation and attainment
- Increased participation in weekly activities at lunchtime
- Participation in the daily mile for all children (or equivalent due to the restrictions on our current temporary site)
- Upskilling of our PE lead
|How will we aim to make this sustainable
- New scheme of work in place to enable class teachers to deliver effective lessons next year. This will lead into full training of class teachers next year.
- New equipment provided for new site will enable continuous access to adventurous play and keep fit equipment
|Year 6 – how many can swim competently and proficiently over a distance of at least 25 metres?
||We do not have a Year 6 yet
|Year 6 – how many can use a range of strokes effectively?
|Year 6 – how many can perform safe self-rescue in different water based situations?
|How it was spent
||Impact on pupils’ participation and attainment
||How we make it sustainable